The World of K-Pop





Hey blogger's nation!

K-Pop? What would you think it is? Well it's a music genre coming from South Korea influenced by pop music from Western side of the world and their own mixture of beats of techno etc giving a really good beat to each song. Each band has trained for many years in perfecting singing, dancing, rapping and performing perfectly in sync with each other member
.
Image result for kpop dance gifImage result for kpop dance gif
Now this year has been crazy for K-Pop getting more recognized in over here in Ireland, UK and of course USA with the help of BTS ARMY, EXO's One's who are the bands fans names and many more K-pop bands and artists. And not just Kpop Korean Hip Hop has become a big success with acts like Dean, Jay Park, Grey, Loco.

I personally have been a fan of K-Pop since 2011 with Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, Girl's Generation with Gee and Big Bang with Fantastic Baby thanks to them I began loving their music but got back into Kpop three years ago,  I still listen to them but love bands like BTS, EXO, BlackPink, Twice, GOT7, Seventeen and many other bands.
Image result for bts
BTS
Image result for blackpink
BlackPink

Image result for EXO
EXO

Image result for girls generation 2018
Girl's Generation who celebrated 10 years together recently


Surprisingly the success of KPop is only really began to be popular now in America with BTS song DNA entered Billboard's Hot 100 at 85 making them the first Kpop Boyband to do so. Their song Mic Drop remix with Steve Aoki hit number 28 in the billboard charts and performing at American Music Awards winning Top Social Artist two years in a row beating artists like Justin Bieber. But for even watching their amazing performances at the AMA's most of the time the camera was on the audience than the band performing the songs in which my opinion was annoying and should've given the boys the opportunity to show their true skills in singing dancing entertaining the audience not the other way round.


But thanks to BTS other bands have gotten the same opportunity to perform and get recognized in US like Blackpink, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, iKon, Twice. Even Jackson Chan from Got7 is popular now in US with his solo career winning a Teen choice award board. The first entry of a Kpop band in the billboard was by Infinite in 2014 with "Last Romeo" which has given other artists from South Korea a chance to be more recognized which is great!

With this I ask Irish Kpop fans from Kpop Ireland and Bangtan Ireland (Irish BTS fans ARMY) What does K-pop mean to you" and "K-Pop Bias's/fandoms they are in.

 Kpop Ireland
 Image result for kpop ireland
Their facebook, Twitter 
 
Megan- I’m from Dublin. Kpop is important to me because it gives me a chance to express myself. The songs cater for all feelings and moods and every artist has their own flair and style. My favorite groups are blackpink and pentagon because each of them have such an awesome style and every song is catchy. I love to learn off the dances and sometimes share them! Kpop is important to me because I can express myself fully.
Emma
I'm from Limerick and I love kpop because it's helped me in many different ways since the day I first heard it, it uplifts my mood instantly, it's so versatile that no matter what group or artist comes up in my kpop playlist, I'm instantly cheered up no matter what's going on😅 Learning the choreography of my favourite songs became a way for me to start being healthier and loosing weight so I could be the best version of myself 😊 And of course, it opened a door for me to a beautiful culture and language that I before, would have never thought I'd love to explore.
My favourite groups are Bts, Blackpink, Shinee and so many others, Kpop is important to me because if I had never discovered these groups and their amazing music, I'd never be the open minded person I am today.

Sharon
My name is Sharon and I’m from India. I’m living in Dublin at the moment. I was introduced to kpop through few of my korean friends and also through my curiosity with k-drama soundtracks
started out liking Big Bang. And then currently into BTS, Winner, Suran and Oohyo (more K-indie?).

Sarah
 I'm from Ireland.
kpop means a lot to me, as it opened me up to not only interest in idol music in Korea, but also to Korean hip hop and R&B, which has some of my favourite artists of all time to date (eg, Dean, Crush, Nucksal etc). And then I got into k-indie!!
But yeah, kpop also gave me the desire to learn more about Korean culture and people in general, and about the history of Korea itself, which is fascinating to me. It made me wish to go visit Korea someday and experience all it has to offer!!
I began to listen to kpop when bts won the billboard award last year, as before i dismissed it as manufactured pop music (lmao i was so wrong) and I haven't stopped since!!
My bias groups are bts, bigbang, ikon, seventeen, vixx, blackpink, epik high (do they count?) and red velvet. I also love solo artists like IU and Ailee.


Bangtan Ireland from twitter 
 Image result for bangton ireland
Their twitter


Pidegonguk - 
Honestly only and their music have a deep effect on me. They remind me to love myself and to move forward confidently. They make me want to become a better person.

BangtonHurls - 
Personally is the only group that has affected me. They have made my life so much better and happier. No matter what they can make a terrible day okay. They mean the world to me.



So now with the success with Kpop what's next? Let me know what you guys think?
I have made a spotify playlist of my current top ten songs from K-Pop if you want to listen to it! Link is below! 
Spotify Playlist
Thanks for reading see you all soon!



Image result for kpop goodbye gif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifted | Movie Review

Who I watch on Snapchat #2