Starting College Again


Hey Blogger's Nation,
I will be starting college in a few weeks! Last year from sixth year I went from doing the Leaving Cert Applied to going to Further Education College in Cork.


I went to study in the largest further education colleges in Ireland. Cork college of Commerce studying a year in Professional Cookery.

For any food lovers this is the course for you! When I started my course I wasn't a 100% what I really want to be. It was like do I Want to become a chef or a baker?

In college I learnt a lot from cooking different International foods from Japanese, to French food. To learning how to server a customer in the dinning area to educating us on nutrition.

To be honest I was more into the Practical side of the course. I didn't mind learning the theory etc I did work hard with my assignments. I always handed them on time and always asked questions afterwards of things I didn't understand.

Luckily when I got accepted I immediately went to meet the disability officer who managed to help me get a class every week for a hour to help me with anything from assignments (checking my grammar, checking if I have the right information in the right place.) To helping me revise. With this I was able to access a small room with computers as our main study hall was always busy with other students doing their own work.

When my final exams came in May this year I was wrecked with nerves to see how I do. Surprisingly they weren't so bad and managed to write everything down in my exams which made me more pleased. 

Eventually in June I got my results to say I received a Merit! Which is very good because that meant I passed my course with flying colours.
Along that I had to calculate my points to see if I had enough for the CAO. 
I applied to a study in CIT through CAO luckily the start of the month I got a email from CAO been offered to go my course! Which I was delighted!


I always wanted to go university it sounds sad but I wanted to go and prove everyone yeah I did Leaving Cert Applied and yes I might be dyslexic but I got there. I worked my skinny ass to get where I wanted I wanted to go university. I did take the longer way but it was so worth it (sorry for the pun if you are Fifth Harmony fan!) I learned a lot though the year and I made new friends from college! Along that I know a lot of people got their leaving cert results last week, some disappointed but don't worry. You get where you wanted,  yes it might take longer but trust me mu friend you will get there. You will achieve what you want! You will get there! I promise!

Here's two motivation quotes for you all to think about!


I can't wait for college! All excited and nervous all the same time! So roll on college!
Thank You for reading this week!
I see you again!
S

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting into university! I bet you've proved a lot of people wrong - you deserve to feel very proud of yourself :) Hope it's everything you want it to be x

    maggiesthemuser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gifted | Movie Review

Who I watch on Snapchat #2