How to make the pefect Chocolate Yule Log


Hey blogger's nation!
I'm sorry I didn't have any post last week as I been so busy with college and had work experience but I'm back!
It's so close to Christmas and I thought you bakers out their like me it's the perfect time to make a Christmas Chocolate Yule Log!
 Now I got to bake a yule log last Thursday as in our course (professional cookery) we did cooked a Christmas dinner. I was luckily I was on the desserts so I got the chance to bake this delicious little thing for customers in our little restaurant we open during the college season.
Ingredients

  • 170g Dark chocolate
  • 5 eggs
  • 170g Caster Sugar
  • 2tsp water
Filling
  • 1 shallow swiss roll tin
  • 1-2 tsp of rum
  • icing sugar
  • raspberry jam or cream for the filling of the yog
  1. Pre heat oven 180oC
  2. Line the Swiss roll tin with oil and grease proof paper
  3. Separate the eggs, put the yolks into a bowl. Gradually add castor sugar and whisk until mixture is thick and pale lemon colour.
  4. Melt the chocolate with water in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Draw aside while you whisk the egg whites to a firm snow.
  5. Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture (always add the hot to the cold)
  6. Stir little of the egg white into the mixture and turn it into the prepare tin.
  7.  Cook in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until firm to the touch.
  8. Take out the roulade to cool slightly then cover with the cloth.
To Serve
  1. Turn the tin upside down onto the prepared paper.
  2. Remove the tin and peel the grease proof paper very carefully
  3. Spread the jam or rum cream (just add the two tsp of rum to cream)
  4. Roll it up like a swiss roll
  5. Sprinkle with icing sugar on top and decorate with Christmas Cake decorations.
It should come out just like this
I would love to see your creations of this yummy cake if you want to tweet me your photo or share it with me on facebook @ SheilanO
Thank You so much for reading I see you all next week! :)
S



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifted | Movie Review

Who I watch on Snapchat #2