How to make the pefect Chocolate Yule Log
Hey blogger's nation!
I'm sorry I didn't have any post last week as I been so busy with college and had work experience but I'm back!
It's so close to Christmas and I thought you bakers out their like me it's the perfect time to make a Christmas Chocolate Yule Log!
Now I got to bake a yule log last Thursday as in our course (professional cookery) we did cooked a Christmas dinner. I was luckily I was on the desserts so I got the chance to bake this delicious little thing for customers in our little restaurant we open during the college season.
- 170g Dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 2tsp water
- 1 shallow swiss roll tin
- 1-2 tsp of rum
- icing sugar
- raspberry jam or cream for the filling of the yog
- Pre heat oven 180oC
- Line the Swiss roll tin with oil and grease proof paper
- Separate the eggs, put the yolks into a bowl. Gradually add castor sugar and whisk until mixture is thick and pale lemon colour.
- Melt the chocolate with water in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Draw aside while you whisk the egg whites to a firm snow.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture (always add the hot to the cold)
- Stir little of the egg white into the mixture and turn it into the prepare tin.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Take out the roulade to cool slightly then cover with the cloth.
- Turn the tin upside down onto the prepared paper.
- Remove the tin and peel the grease proof paper very carefully
- Spread the jam or rum cream (just add the two tsp of rum to cream)
- Roll it up like a swiss roll
- Sprinkle with icing sugar on top and decorate with Christmas Cake decorations.
It should come out just like this
I would love to see your creations of this yummy cake if you want to tweet me your photo or share it with me on facebook @ SheilanO
Thank You so much for reading I see you all next week! :)