I'm Dyslexic

Hey Blogger Nation!
I have officially been diagnosed with dyslexia a year ago. I can finally can figure out what was making me confused and struggling with my grammer and spelling.
My dyslexia is mild, I'm able to read and write. I can spell fairly easy words but some rather difficult for me. Also when I was very young I used to get speech therapy as it was difficult for me to talk. For me my speech now has improved so much since then. 
So been dyslexic I have struggled alot with maths especially I get confused and unable to understand the workings. Just to add if your Dyslexic at first you wouldn't been able to spell Dyslexia right as it's difficult to spell, I was the same!
In sixth year we had to do a project on a contemporary issue. I chose to do it in dyslexia as I have a lot of experience and can get a lot of information from my mum. 
We also had to do am action or bring a guest in to talk. I decided to contact Deirdre Madden from UCC disability unit the college, I asked her if she could talk to the entire school staff about using technology to help the students out. Surprisingly most of the teachers who are young couldn't even do many basic things on the computers which is a big shock. What was great thing Deirdre should them Read Write Gold which basically reads selected text to you in your own speed rate and understanding.
 
Read Write Gold 
It was a great success! Many teachers came up to Deirdre to ask questions and information and hopefully now if the school will put enough money in to the disability unit they can help any students in the school.
I'm pretty happy that I got this project done and pretty pleased with my results from it getting all 10 credits for the project! 
You can get free lectures from Deirdre or other staff in UCC  if your interested on learning about these technology software's! Even if your not dyslexic they may help you out! Link below to their website!
Thanks for all reading!
See you all next Friday!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifted | Movie Review

Who I watch on Snapchat #2