From the Outer Side| Joanna | Guest Blogger




Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Joanna and I have moved to Ireland from Poland with my family in 2004. I have studied International Hospitality Management in college for all the wrong reasons. I love staying in hotels not working in them! I lived in the United States for 2 years and I can honestly say I left my heart there and I am making it my goal to someday settle in New York. I am getting married in June of this year in Portugal and so far it has been very stressful! I love all things pretty and I always need something going on in my life to keep me busy.

How did you get into blogging and why?
I love all things social media and the beautiful photography you see on the blogs. I find insight into people's life super interesting and fashion has been my passion ever since living in New York. New York is a completely different ball game, everything is so glamorous and when you live there you can actually afford pretty things which make it even better!
Blogging is an outlet for my thoughts and also it lets me forget about wedding planning for awhile!

 What do you when you aren't blogging?
Currently, I am in the final stages of planning my wedding, other than that I try to spend as much time as possible with my beautiful 3-year-old baby niece Mia. She's the loveliest little girl and let's face it they grow up too quickly and each minute is so precious. 

What would be your ideal working environment?
I love the thought of working from home, the idea of waking up and making a coffee and sitting down in your bathrobe all cosy is super appealing to me right now.However I also love being on the go and keeping busy, so I am not sure how well that's work for me. I know for a fact that I will have my own business sooner than later, perhaps it may not be blogging related however I know for a fact I do not wish to work for someone for the rest of my life. I feel like I have the entrepreneurial bone in my body. 

Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
The readers. Believe it or not, I write down every little achievement or a milestone when it comes to my blog. I know exactly when someone sent me the first snap completely selflessly because they watched my snap story or when someone private messaged me on Facebook to ask me a question. It's such an amazing feeling knowing that someone actually reads it and cares and takes time of their day to let me know! Lets face it, we can look at statistics all day long but the interaction you get from people who actually WANT to read your blog is much more rewarding. 

What inspired you to start your blog?
I guess this is very much what I already said above, the love for fashion and following current trends. I have always been a girly girl but as a teen, i wanted to fit in with others (I'm sure all of us did) so I kept my wardrobe to a minimum, I guess blogging has let me put my fashion outlet out there. I finally had the courage to be different and wear what I like without worrying what others think. 

 Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
I am looking to definitely put a lot more work into my blog and make it more professional once the wedding is over and done with. I have also few exciting projects on the way so keep your eyes peeled!
Who was your first style icon?
I have to say, my mum. I remember being little and she'd wear over the knee leather boots that my dad had to help her take off! I particularly remember this one grey and black fur coat she had. I always wanted to wear it myself and I would put it on when she wasn't home and it would drag along the floor behind me 

Favourite Bloggers?
My current favourite bloggers would be Lisa Jordan from Just Jordan, Catherine Carton from Dainty Dress Dairies and Erika Fox from Retro Flame. Each one of them has an entirely different style and bring their a-game to the blogging world. it's such a pleasure seeing them succeed!
Image result for dainty dresses diariesImage result for just jordan bloggerImage result for retro flame

 What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
I like to think that I have always been a driven and independent girl. I have lost my dad pretty early on in life and i had to grow up quicker than other kids - don't get me wrong I had a great childhood, as my mam is an incredible woman and looked after us well, however I took the initiative early to achieve goals i have set out for myself. i always got into schools and colleges i wanted to go to. I even got the jobs in States i applied for, so to answer your question i definitely can say it would be my independence and drive that so far has been my greatest personal achievement to get me where i am today. 

link to my social media:

Instagram: joanna.stich
Twitter: JoannaStich
Snapchat: joanna.stich

Depop: fromtheouterside
Joanna 

Thank everyone for reading the post! If you want to be featured as a guest blogger. Contact me by via email sheilannoblogs@gmail.com
S x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifted | Movie Review

Who I watch on Snapchat #2